OMG, I did it!!!
I’ve talked about having a lifestyle blog for eons but thoughts like “who am I to create something like that?”, always stole the show. Finally, this year I admitted to myself what I really wanted and that I’d be willing to do it for my own frivolous satisfaction et voila! Three weeks later… here we are.
I have been longing for something new to give me a sense of purpose and direction after running this online business for over six years.
After my mom’s death in the summer of 2019, I tried my hardest to go back to business as usual but all of a sudden my whole life stopped fitting.
Six months prior I had broken off an engagement with a man who ultimately wasn’t right for me, after wanting nothing more in life than to be married and was just at a major crossroads. Instead of picking a path to walk down, I kinda just stood still for a while.
Then the whole world kinda just stood still for a while.
I guess you could say it was divine timing.
This last year has been such a blessing. A year that started with so much personal fear and anxiety has turned into a spiritual uplift for me with mostly internal shifts. You know those things you can’t explain that can only be felt?
Like two years ago I had “things” on my list that I wanted but felt empty and anxious. Now I don’t, yet I’m happier than ever. Life is weird, right?
This covid time has given me space to reflect and get quiet enough to allow myself to change.
I dove into healing work and have had some real breakthroughs with somatic therapy and other body-centered healing modalities. I also made major dietary changes in an effort to heal my chronic migraines. I gave up caffeine, alcohol, flour, and sugar (my main addiction) and have released 40 pounds effortlessly.
For the first time in a long time I feel genuinely hopeful and happy and now in a place where I want to create and share again.
Here are a few of the personal projects, goals, desires I currently have.
- I want to get my house in an ordered, clutter-free state and decorated in a way that makes me feel happy and sophisticated when I walk in the door.
- I want a clean, warm, minimalish, inviting home with giant soft rugs, beautiful artwork, candles, orchids, throws, framed photos, and fresh flowers every week.
- I want to walk into my super organized closet and have fun getting dressed each day! I also want to invest in more quality pieces and really express myself through style.
- I want to get in the best shape of my life and do challenging workouts several times a week – pilates, beach body, hikes, yoga, running (maybe – let’s not get too crazy).
- I want a cure for my migraines. Or at least to be down to one a month. They’re getting better with supplements and a strict diet and routine.
- I want to be more confident, stop doubting myself, get rid of that inner critic, and continue doing the work spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. I want to continue healing my life inside and out and reflect those changes in my attitude and in the way I show up in the world. Happy, grateful, positive and expecting the best.
- I want to put more effort into looking my best every day. Look good, feel good. That means getting my hair and nails done regularly and getting dressed for the day whether I am leaving the house or not. This to me is major self-care
- I want to fall in love again and get married and have kids and a beautiful Spanish style home in the hills. That’s a big project but hey, it’s on my list! Still figuring out what the road there looks like but I guess it involves putting myself out there and being way more social once the world opens up again…and dating. 😊
- I want community and connection. Definitely in the form of a significant other but also cherishing the amazing friends I have by planning more events and creating our own traditions. Rituals are the foundation of memories (I love this saying by my therapist).
- I want to take a big trip. Maybe even move somewhere for a month or two or three. Maybe Mexico? Or Amsterdam? Or Dallas, ha! Who knows. But travel and exploration is a big yesssss.
- Oh, and I want to start a YouTube channel!
So that’s where I’m at in a nutshell and what I’ll be blogging about in the weeks and months to come. For now, I’m happy to have launched this new digital home where I can share all of it with you.
Thanks for joining me on this ride.
I really am happy you’re here!
I feel like I found your youtube channel and blog at just the perfect time. This is the most hope I have felt in weeks. Your words on youtube I heard today to do with reinventing yourself are exactly what I needed to hear. I’m in my forties, a bit adrift career-wise, on a mission to declutter and create space in my life for whatever comes next, even if I’m not sure what that is yet. Thank you for inspiring me.
Caroline I am SOOOO happy to read your comment!! Thank you so much for sharing with me and I’m very happy that you found my blog and my channel! I totally relate to what you shared and I think decluttering brings so much clarity for life and next steps. It’s a good place to begin for sure and the rest starts to fall into place. Grateful to connect this way!!
Hello Carla! I am turning 40 in November, and in such a crossroad in my own life…I saw on of your YouTube videos on decluttering (I know I am late), but I just wanted to say Thank You! I no longer feel like I am going crazy 😜…thanks for making the journey for a better quality of life look doable! Good luck with all your goals!
Just now seeing your comment! Thank you so much. Life after 40 gets better and better welcome to the club😍❤️