Week 2 of The One Room Challenge is in full swing and I am already behind 😆.
I did a huge declutter yesterday and cleared the space OUT as you can see below!
Relocating my portable laundry room
It makes the room feel brand new already and gives a generally clean space for me to start fresh.
I’m heading to Farrow & Ball and Sherwin Williams today to pick out some paint samples (update: paint samples did NOT look the same in my kitchen 😭).
I have no clue how to make a mood board or even what my concept is for the kitchen but I know the paint color will be my anchor and help the rest of the room unfold.
My plan is declutter, design, and style it. I think I can get this all done by end of June for sure.
Once I have my paint picked out, here is the overall plan in order of design decisions made by moi!
- Pick my color and paint the entire room
- Pick my floor tile and install
- See if cabinets can be painted (and if so paint those next)
- Pick out hardware for cabinets and add em
- Change light socket covers
- Possible change faucet color (don’t think I can remove faucet)
- Change countertop tile and backsplash or maybe just paint tile and grout
- Add new light fixture
- Put in window treatments (maybe)
- Final touches and decisions on rug, lamp, mirror, countertop table, apron hook, shelf, x bench or stool or chairs, plateware and accessories, large glass electric kettle, le creuset french press, ohmahgosh I’m excitedddd!
Styling a redesigned kitchen will be a DREAM!
I like how I’m fast-forwarding to the end already. Better pick up a paintbrush stat!
This week I must make final decisions on color…I knew I wanted an earthy pink but it ends up looking brown in my kitchen. May end up going with a green for the walls and keeping the oak cabinets.
To be continued…
See ya next week!